CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little Heartbreak;

So, Ian's been bugging me to show him something that I wrote, and I think I like this one enough to share it with all of y'all.
I wrote this.. kinda for myself, but mostly for any of you ladies out there who've been through hard times. We tend to look at every broken part of us as negative. Granted, we need to let the Lord do his repair work, but every broken part of you is beautiful. It's okay to be broken.

All your pieces are so beautiful.



Little Heartbreak
She’s a little heartbreak that’s gone too far
She’s a wound that took too long to scar
And she’s too much time that’s passed without a laugh
And she’s gonna fall down, but she won’t let you see
‘cause she wants to preform so perfectly
And she’s built a shell that few would care to crack

(chorus)
She’s fallen
She’s broken
But all her pieces are so beautiful
She’s crying
She’s hiding
But every part of her is beautiful
So beautiful
Tonight

And she hates those words more than anything
And she’ll never let you hear her sing
She can’t control the moments that she cries

And she’s selfish, but she doesn’t like to talk about herself
‘cause she doesn’t really know how that would help
she can’t see the truth, she’s covered in lies

(chorus)

And you’d never guess it
but she feels so helpless
and she doesn’t know how she’ll make it out
but she’ll make it out

(chorus)

She’s been made whole
Tonight

So. There ya go. It's already been revised several times, and it probably needs a lot more, but enjoy. :)

6 comments:

Ian Taylor said...

Heeeelllloooo!! Phoebe, you have been holding out on me! This is an amazing piece of writing!.....Now I want to see more ;)

Unknown said...

He's not gonna take no for an answer either. ;) Haha

By the way, I'm Kaylee... Taylor and Owen's "Titusville Friend" :) I've heard a ton about you! Haha

ThatGirlSmiling said...

Ian- oh, stop. Ahah. If this is my best, you're not looking at my notebook.

Kaylee- I think I've probably heard more about you! And you're right, he's gonna hound me for the rest of my life now. :P

Rae said...

its awesome phoebe :))

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness... I forgot to even mention the song! It's great Phoebe!! :D You should post more. :)

ThatGirlSmiling said...

Aweh, thanks Kaylee. :) I don't have any more that I like right now, but maybe later.